Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Pix

      click image for wallpaper size
Do I have a fetish for 60's Italian sports cars?  Not at all.  Not even when thety are photographed as nicely as this one. 1964 Ferrari 250 GT Lusso.  Steve McQueen owned one of these.  This photo is one of the millions of nice car photos floating around on the net.  As alway, if anyone can provide info, I will happily give credit where it is richly deserved.  Note: I finally figured out what GT means for Italian cars.  Literally, it means Grand Touring.  But really it means you can get in and out standing up.  You're not laying down in the seat.  GTO, on the other hand means twice as expensive as anything else.
 ---------------------
Update:  This is not a Ferrari 250.  Now that I think about it, I have no idea what it is.  A quick look through Wikipedia suggests its not a standard model of Ferrari, Lamborghini or Maserati.  I will stay on it until I figure it out.
 ---------------------
Update 2: Its a Ferrari 1962 250 SWB, but rather than the normal Pininnfarina bodywork, this is a special design by Bertone.  Ferrari delivered a stock 250 chassis to Bertone, who added their own body.  There were probably no more than a few dozen made.  Very rare.  Gorgeous.